stability & longevity
We are part of the EDF Group, one of the world’s largest power companies and a global leader in low-carbon energy.
Based in France, EDF Group is engaged in power generation, distribution, transmission, supply and trading.
- The No. 1 producer of nuclear electricity in the world.
- The No. 1 producer of renewables in Europe.
- The No. 3 European operator of energy services.
- 165,790 employees worldwide.
- 39.8 million customer sites worldwide
- 90% of electricity CO2 free
- 584 TWh of electricity generation
- 69 billion euros in annual revenue
- EBITA of 15.2 billion euros
- Net income excluding non-recurring items: 2.5 billion euros
- A3 credit rating by Moody’s
- 711 million euros of R&D investment
EDF Trading Limited
EDF Trading Limited (Ltd) is the EDF Group’s interface to the international wholesale energy markets.
- A 100% owned subsidiary of EDF S.A., the world’s largest electricity generator.
- Manages the EDF Group’s power output and is the platform for EDF Group development into new energy technologies and geographies.
- Is active in the electricity, natural gas, LPG, oil and environmental products markets, as well as in the coal, freight and LNG/LPG markets via JERA Global Markets.
- Approximately 800 employees worldwide
- Maintains principal business locations in Europe (London, Paris), North America (Houston) and Asia (Singapore).
- Maintains a large portfolio of managed assets and has the proven expertise and global capability to provide market access, asset optimization, risk management supply and logistics services.
- Worldwide interests stretching from Australia to China, France, Japan to the UK, Canada and the U.S.
- Shareholders’ equity of €3 billion in 2018
- Moody’s Baa2 Credit Rating
EDF in North America
EDF is active throughout North America, providing comprehensive solutions to market participants across the entire energy value chain, from natural gas producers and power generators to end use customers.
- Top energy manager to US power generators dispatching more than 30,000 MW
- Moves 5 Bcf/d of natural gas and manages an average of 20 Bcf of storage
- Top 5 liquidity provider in FTR auctions moving more than 30 GW in 10,000 unique locations
- Top 5 energy supplier to commercial and industrial customers serving more than 7,000 MW and 225 Bcf of load
- Supplies 3,800 MW and 109 Bcf of wholesale supply to Retail Energy Providers
Guaranteed by EDF Trading Limited – Baa2 Moody’s